June 22, 2011

Artful Dodger w/ Flowers

Today I decided to use one of the nail polishes I bought myself with my leftover birthday money. I splurged on a color by Butter London called Artful Dodger.

I Started with my usual Nail Strengthener, and Sticky by CND, finishing with Seche Vite.
Then I put two thin coats of Artful Dodger.
After both coats completely dried I decided my nails were too boring so I added some flowers using Konad nail art. This is a method that uses special nail polish and an engraved plate to transfer images from the plate using a stamp onto your nails. Heres a video that shows how it works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3SeeWXuAc The Konad plate I used was M51. I used the flower in the middle for all my nails except for my pinky nail I used a smaller flower. (I stole this picture off of the main konad website. http://www.konadnailart.com/ )
This is my final product.
Quick Tip: When using Konad nail art wait a little bit before applying top coat. It may seem like the pictures are dry but if you apply top coat too soon you can smudge the picture like this.
Hope you liked this design and try it for yourself! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment