June 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects!

Today I tried something a little different. I bought Sally Hansen Salon Effects in #220 Cut it Out a few days ago and finally today I tried it. I was a little skeptical at first but after seeing this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpQfKtT8_EM I decided to try it out.

The box came with a nail file, two packages of the salon effects strips, a cuticle stick, and instructions.
I started out with clean nails. I then opened one package and figured out which strips I would use for which nail. Once I did that, I peeled back the clear side of one strip, then peeled off the nail polish strip from the backing and gently fit it onto my first nail. After I got it mostly centered I pressed it down and used scissors to cut off the end of the strip which I then used for another nail. This way I could use one package for all my nails and save the second for later. So, after I centered the strip on my nail I used the smooth side of the nail file to press it firmly down and used the rough side to file away the excess polish strip. Then I just repeated this with all my nails. I did decide, however, to put Seche Vite top coat on just to make the nails last even longer. This is the final product.
Overall I think these nail stickers are pretty awesome! I now have a pattern on my nails that I definitely could NOT do myself. They were pretty easy to apply and if they last as long as they say they do then they're great. I only have a few problems with them. #1 they're $10 dollars, and you could buy a really nice brand new nail polish for that much, and #2 they're kinda smelly.... but i guess thats only if you're resting your head on your hands. Overall these nails are fun, cute, and i give them an A! Hope you try them out yourself, there are so many patterns to choose from. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment