June 7, 2011

Water Marbling!

Today I realized I didn't really like my nails that i did yesterday. I like the idea but next time i do them i want to make them neater. So today I was hanging out with my best friend and we decided to do our nails together. I then decided to try water marbling!

First I used my favorite nail strengthener followed by two coats of Orly French Tip. I later sealed everything in with Seche Vite.
To do water marbling you need a cup of distilled room temperature water, any nail polish colors of your choice, a toothpick, a cotton swab, and some masking tape.
The colors I used were Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in #33 Pacific Blue, #34 Going Green, and #27 Mellow Yellow.
Once you have everything set up tape around your nail with masking tape like this.
Then start putting dots of nail polish into your water dropping the drop in the center every time. For this nail i did a drop of green, then yellow, then blue, and did this pattern twice.
I forgot to take a picture of my next step, but basically you take your toothpick and make patterns in the nail polish blob with it. After, you take your nail and dip it flat into the water. Hold it in the water for a little bit then use the cotton swab to take the extra nail polish of the surface. Carefully pull your nail out and you should have something that looks like this!
Then all you have to do is carefully take the tape off, do the rest of your nails, put a top coat, and your done! This was my finished product.
For my first attempt at water marbling i think i did pretty well. For more detailed instructions on how to do water marbling check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7bwL2S7auk&feature=channel_video_title I hope you try this nail design out for yourself. Maybe using different colors? If you do feel free to send me pictures on facebook i would love to see how your designs turn out! Good luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment