June 6, 2011

SpLaTtEr PAINT!!!!!!

So this time i tried a nail design that i saw on youtube (here's a link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgukFFlohSQ its splatter paint nails!

To start out i used my fave Nail Magic Nail Hardener, i didnt use Sticky by CND because i didnt want my nails to be too thick since my base color is very thick. For my base i used French Tip, by orly. This is a perfect white because its made for doing french manicures so its super thick and pigmented. Then i used Seche Vite as my top coat.
After i put two coats of white, i began making big dots, one color at a time on each nail. After making the dot i used a tooth pick to make lines come out of each dot. The video in the link explains it way better. For my colors i used Sally Hansen, Hard as Nails, Xtreme Wear in;  #33 Pacific Blue, #34 Going Green, #6 Sun Kissed, and #27 Mellow Yellow. I also used Off With Her Red by opi, its a really pretty red from the Alice in Wonderland Collection.
Finally after an hour of work i got this as my finished product. This is my right hand.
Its pretty messy because this was my first try. But by my left hand i got the hang of it.
And there you have it! My first post of the official summer! Hope you liked it because there are MANY more to come! 
~love~


No comments:

Post a Comment